Honda Marine 105 Jet
Call for Price
Deep Technology for Shallow Waters
The 105 Jet takes Honda’s best technology and adds a jet drive. It’s based on the proven BF150 platform, with a powerful jet drive added for superior shallow water performance.
The 105 Jet is perfect for boating in locations where normal prop driven boats can’t operate. Rocky bottom shallows, white river rapids, and even over sandbars – your Honda can take you there. The low-profile foot design allows a boater to maneuver in minimal depths without the fear of getting a propeller caught or damaged on rocky, rough bottoms, shallows, or other underwater obstacles.
Based on the BF150’s proven platform, the 105 Jet takes everything you love about the BF150 and adds the versatility of a Jet. It features advanced Dual Overhead Cam, in-line four-cylinder architecture, a benefit from decades of Honda automotive and racing experience. Racing experience means more horsepower and instant throttle response.
Honda’s exclusive Dual-Stage Induction delivers top performance at every rpm range. And Lean Burn Control automatically adjusts the air-fuel mix to maximize power and fuel efficiency.
All of which makes it clear: when it comes to boating, nothing beats the fuel efficiency and precision standards of Honda.
- The best choice for navigating in shallow waters.: The 105 Jet goes where props can't. Shallow lakes, rocky rivers, rapids, sandbars - our Jet outboards are ready to explore.
- Reliable, Efficient 4-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Legendary Quality Based on Honda Accord and CRV: The 105 Jet is built on the BF150 platform. It's a proven engine that shares many components with the Honda Accord, and CRV automobiles- gaining years of proven Honda engineering and reliability.
- VTEC® - Smooth acceleration and power (150hp): Honda’s Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) system provides power where and when you need it. VTEC gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel economy. VTEC is the modern replacement for displacement.
- Dual Stage Induction - Breathing easier improves performance: Honda’s unique variable intake system optimizes air flow to match the engine’s speed. The result? Maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
- Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 20% less fuel* than others in its class. (*Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.)
- Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) - Powerful performance: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Dual Overhead CAM (DOHC) - High horsepower, low maintenance: A powerful, compact 24-valve DOHC design creates more valve lift to pull in more air for increased horsepower. Low-maintenance design allows easy adjustment of the rocker arms. No multiple shims or trial-and-error adjusting needed.
- NMEA 2000 - On-board connectivity: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
- Superior Battery Charging - More usable power: Honda's proven "on demand" 51 amp belt-driven alternator reduces heat buildup and provides superior battery charging capability - 30 amps at 1000 RPM and 40+ amps above 2000 RPM.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: The ECM monitors vital engine functions and prevents engine damage by alerting the operator of: Overheating; Water in Fuel; Low Oil PSI; Battery; Over-Rev; Critical Engine Function
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Engine Command Module - Optimum performance: The ECM receives constant input from 18 different sensors to deliver instant starts, smooth operation, strong performance and excellent fuel efficiency.
- LAF & Knock Sensors - Optimum Efficiency: Linear Air Fuel (LAF) and knock sensors help determine correct fuel flow and ignition curve to maximize performance and fuel efficiency.
- 3-Way Cooling System - Cool running durability: Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder heads running cooler for long-term durability.
- Positive Lubrication - better durability: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Convenient Single Latch Cowl: A single front-mounted latch combines with 4 securing points to ensure a water-tight seal.
- Sealed Starter - Protection for long life: The starter motor is inverted into a sealed chamber that protects the starter drive from the elements.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
- Stainless Steel components (Steering Arm, Tilt Tube and all Shafts) - corrosion resistance: Stainless steel components provide durability with long-term corrosion resistance.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Built-In Pitot Tube: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Available in a 25 inch shaft
- Type: 4-Stroke DOHC 4 Cylinder/16 Valves
- Displacement: 2,354 cc (144 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 87 mm x 99 mm (3.4 x 3.9 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Rated Power: 105 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Fuel Injection
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 72 deg.
- Gear Ratio: Direct Drive
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator (Electric Start): 51 Amp
- Battery Charging Power: 30 Amp (1000 RPM), 40 Amp (2000+ RPM)
- Propeller: NA (No prop)
- Power Tilt: NA
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Gas Assisted Tilt: NA
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Overall Width: 580 mm/22.8 in.
- L Type: 635 mm/25 in.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke SOHC 4 Cylinder/16 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.4 x 3.9 in. (87 mm x 99 mm)
- 2,354 cc (144 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- Trim Method
- -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 105 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Direct Drive / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- Programmed Fuel injection
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty